Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Thursday, March 17, 2011

About St Patrick's Day

The day of St. Patrick's, the patron-saint of Ireland who was born about 386 A. D., is celebrated by Irishmen, wherever they exist. The shamrock is worn everywhere, in commemoration of the fact that when St. Patrick was preaching the doctrine of the Trinity, he made use of this plant, which bears three leaves upon one stem, as a symbol of this great mysterium.

Liberal participation of "Patrick's pot" and great feasting are the principal signatures of the day....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been combined with another and moved to my new website, Pagan Calendar, it can be found here: St Patrick's Day

2 comments:

sanehat said...

thanks for the 'note'. St. Patrick is not one of my heroes.

Dunnea said...

Great article. I love the poem! I never knew the snakes were symbolic.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin