Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Monday, April 12, 2021

The Swallow Tattoo

Because I have uploaded information on the Swallow as a totem, or power animal, I thought it might also be a good idea to post information about the swallow tattoo, and the significance of it.

  Having a swallow tattoo is a creative way of expressing yourself. If you are going to get one, you may want to understand what it means first. The symbolism of the swallow tattoo is cause for controversy and confusion. 

 Possessing a swallow tattoo symbol used to be a sign of status among sailors. The meaning behind it was that swallows, supposedly, protected the sailors from harm on their journeys. 

However, a similar version of the story is that, if the sailors did die at sea, the swallow would protect their soul and carry them to heaven. Either way, the meaning is similar. It was a great comfort, as well as a status symbol, to sailors out at sea. 

 According to legend, after sailing for at least five thousand miles, a sailor could get a swallow tattoo symbol put on his chest, to mark the occasion. This gave him a great sense of honor and achievement. A longer version of the legend is that, when he had traveled over ten thousand miles, he was entitled to get a second swallow tattoo on the other side of his chest....

... I am so sorry but this post has been moved to my new website, Sigils Symbols and Signs. It can be found in its entirety here: The Swallow Tattoo 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting info there thanks for that...

On the teddy boy subject http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_Boy

Williams said...

Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for future.
Check your clicking speed at cps test

Writer In Residence said...

Thanks for this work... I'm not sure what's happening, yet...
But I was working on an Arch Angel Board (talking board)
Board told me.. ARIEL.... SKYFULL....
Fell asleep...Awoke to bird-song and swallows flying all around
skies above my house (kinda unusual, I live near a city)

Swallows: Symbol of Freedom
Swallows: Quicker hands
Swallows: Significance in Ancient Egypt...

Peace. Thanks for reading.

Anonim said...

Mermaid spell offers magic ring that can turn ones leg into real fish tail of mermaid. I got one for my self after i joined the family of mermaid, the ring is also blessed by the gods of the ocean with good lucks, money and power to protect. Once you say a world to the ring and then touch water it transform into a real mermaid tail and i can choose the color of my tail with the concentration and focus of your mind. contact her now on gmail. for me, I think she is the best : doctorjaspermagic@gmail.com sometimes I find my self deep down in the sea at midnight 🌃 having fun with mermaid friends... i consider myself the most luckiest person in the world to have friends from oceans. Now i can transform myself to half siren 25% and 25% mermaid. I firmly believe with this ring i can contest in the American got talents show. hahaha

Blog Widget by LinkWithin