Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Up Helly Ah - A Viking Festival



Up Helly Aa refers to any of a variety of fire festivals held in Shetland, in Scotland, annually in the middle of winter to mark the end of the yule season and celebrate the arrival of the Vikings. The festival involves a procession of up to a thousand guizers in Lerwick and considerably lower numbers in the more rural festivals, formed into squads who march through the town or village in a variety of themed costumes...

I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website The Pagan Calendar, hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com, and can be found in its entirety here: Up Helly Aa

3 comments:

Shirley Gibson said...

I bet if those were real vikings nobody would be happy to see them!

Carolyn Abiad said...

That's some festival!

Jim Cassa said...

I like the Viking photos. It reminds me of a paranormal vision I once had. The colors were extremely bright and outstanding.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin