Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Monday, June 17, 2013

Sir Fish

Also known as: Ca Ong; Mr. Fish; Grandfather Fish; Lord Fish
Origin: Vietnam
Favored people: Fishermen and men in general; Sir Fish is a men's deity.

Sir Fish is not exactly a fish: he's a whale. Sir Fish, King of the Sea, is a guardian deity in the form of a whale. He is the patron of fishermen whom he protects out on open waters. Sir Fish is widely venerated along the central and southern coasts of Vietnam. Festivals are held in his honor.....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, The Powers That Be, and can be found in its entirety here: Sir Fish

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin