Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Zulu Bone Casting Tradition

I found the following post while browsing the Magic Cafe Forums, and decided to share it here since I've been posting about bone divination. It's informative and thought provoking. Enjoy!


I'm a Sangoma Traditional Doctor, received my initiations and completed 'thwasa' in Swaziland under Zulu Elder and Master Sangoma PH Mntshali.


Diagnosis and divination with bones isn't something you're going to find a lot of written information about because the information is passed through ancestors and an oral, shamanic tradition.


A man by the name of David Cumes is a both a wonderful traditional healer and medical doctor, a past associate of mine and one of the other three Sangoma TDR's here in the States. He wrote a wonderful book about his thwasa and initiations in the Zulu Mystery Traditions titled, Africa in my Bones that's as good a resource as you're going to find regarding the Zulu bone casting tradition and this ancient practice....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Divination, and can be found in its entirety here: The Zulu Bone Casting Tradition

1 comment:

Gogo Nana Goddess LoveLight said...

Blessings of love! i am a Sangoma and I am happy to see the post about and by a Sangoma. Many people outside of S.A. do not know about Sangomas or Inyana the Traditional Healer/ Doctors highly respected in South Africa. The medical Drs are even curuious how we cure people using the bones and communication with the ancestors. Thank you! Makhose Amakhulu Thokoza.
Gogo Nana "Goddess LoveLigh"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin