Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Monday, July 11, 2011

How To Clean Bones

Here's a nice little tutorial on how to clean bones you may have collected to use for making runes, dice, divination tools or for other magickal purposes.


Use a very sharp boning knife to remove the bones you need from the limb. Be sure to remove any excess cartilage or shreds of flesh. Always practice basic knife and kitchen safety....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Magickal Ingredients, and can be found in its entirety here: How To Clean Bones

2 comments:

Violet said...

what great tips on this procedure, i wondered about this stuff...
does it matter what method you use depending on the size/animal the bones are from?

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Hi Violet - I really think it's simply a matter of personal choice and what "feels" most appropriate.

I like the idea of allowing ants and insects to clean the bones for me - seems somehow more natural.

The sal soda seems like the best choice for large projects...

Good luck with whatever method you choose.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin