Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Sunday, May 01, 2011

May Magick

Bring me my drum and bring me my cymbal,
Bring forth the sustrum, bring forth the timbal.
Dance now for Hathor, celebrate beauty,
dance in Her honor, sing for our lady.



May gets its name from the Roman goddess Maia, who embodies the earth's renewal during spring. Next to New Year's Eve, May Day was among the most popular holidays in the old world, marking the time when the sun's warmth and nature's fertility began appearing in the land. Later, well over one hundred nations chose to celebrate Labor Day on May 1, giving everyone a much-needed rest from winter's tasks....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been combined with another, and moved to my new website, The Pagan Calendar, you will find it here: May Magick and Lore

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin