Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Sunday, September 30, 2018

On The Subject Of Magic

This is an intriguing explanation of magic. I found it in an Anne Rice book, Servant of the Bones, and I think there might be some truth to it, some insight and understanding, a fresh viewpoint, a different way of defining what magic is and how it works. The book itself is a work of fiction, and yet, when I think of magic in this way, and act as if it is indeed true, my own magic has more power. I get faster and better results. So, here it is:



"All magic of all lands and of all schools is the same. Magic is an attempt to control the unseen spirits, and the spirit within the living, or to bring back the spirits of the dead which still surround the earth. That is all that magic is. Making illusions, doing tricks, bringing wealth, it's all done through spirits, that is, beings without bodies who can move swiftly, unseen, steal, spy, transport, etc. That's all magic. The words differ from country to country, from Ephesus to Delphi, to the northern steppes. But it's all the same....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Widdershins, and can be found in its entirety here: On The Subject of Magick

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin