Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Homeric Hymn of Demeter and Persephone

I begin to sing of rich-haired Demeter Semne Thea (Reverend goddess) - of her and her trim-ankled daughter (Persephone) whom Aidoneus rapt away, given to him by all-seeing Zeus the loud-thunderer.


Apart from Demeter Khrysaoros (Lady of the golden sword) Aglaokarpos (Giver of glorious fruits), she was playing with the deep-bosomed daughters of Okeanos and gathering flowers over a soft meadow, roses and crocuses and beautiful violets, irises also and hyacinths and the narcissus, which Ge (Earth) made to grow at the will of Zeus and to please the Host of Many (Haides), to be a snare for the bloom-like girl....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Widdershins, and can be found in its entirety here: Homeric Hymn of Demeter and Persephone

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin