- Apothecary's Rose: the fragrant rose from which a very high quality of rose water is made.
- Belle de Crecy: considered by some to contain the purest rose scent.
- Celestial: a rose with a crisp and clean aroma.
- Kazanlik: a Bulgarian rose oil also called attar of roses is made from this rose. It throws off a potent smell - very heady.
- Maiden's Blush: is considered to be a more refined scent.
- Madame Isaac Pereire, Guinee, and Souvenir de la Malmaison: are stunning and highly fragrant.
Fresh roses, rose water, rose otto (attar of roses), rose cream, and rose incense all cast a magical spell, binding love and romance.
A little-known fact is that roses are a systemic nervine - translation: they calm and soothe your nerves. Whatever you need - calm, balance, stimulation, an aphrodisiac, cooling off after an argument - rose otto or attar of roses can help. Rose otto is very expensive, but it is also very powerful - a few drops will do the trick! Add 2 drops to a full bath, to a dream pillow, sachet, or mojo bag. (Note: Pregnant women should avoid the use of rose otto.)
Bulgarian roses are widely available in East Indian shops and health food stores, prepared as a rose water that can be put into a spray bottle. Rose water is considered cleansing, a blessing oil that also purifies the environment.
Found in: Four Seasons of Mojo