It's going to take a while to get things set right here and I am really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. I apologize for links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Friday, December 22, 2006
If you think deeply about the start of any period of bad luck, you will find that there is some object that you acquired round about then or that you used or wore quite a lot. Maybe it is something that brings back recollections of an unhappy event. It can be an ornament, an item of clothing, a photograph, or even a kitchen utensil.
Place the said object near the back door of the house. Then, using a broom, and starting at the top of the house or in the room furthest from the back door, sweep each room in turn, working in a counter clockwise direction. As you work, visualise darkness being swept away in front of you. The darkness is black heavy clouds of bad luck. It can't resist your broom. While you sweep, say, "I banish the dark clouds from my home, bad luck be gone, there is no place here for you. Be gone, be gone, be gone!"
Any dust can be swept on to a shovel and taken with you as you go. Do each room in turn until you reach the back door, then put all the sweepings into a bag outside. Take the object previously mentioned and break or tear it, venting all your anger and frustration. Put the pieces into the bag with the dust. Sprinkle the contents with salt, saying, "By this salt, cleansing gift of the earth, I render you powerless."
Now bury the bag. If it is at all possible, bury it at a crossroads or by running water, but if this is not practical bury it in the garden or at the bottom of the rubbish bin. Before covering the bag with earth, or rubbish, sprinkle it with salt, making a pattern of a cross within a circle, saying, "By this salt, by this sign you are gone from my life."
Now reversing the order of the rooms, from the back door to the top of the house walk round each room clockwise with a lighted candle, preferably colored pink or gold, and a lighted incense stick perfumed amber or rose (or a scent that you really love). Alternatively if there is a particular perfume (or essential oil) that makes you feel happy, use that.
As you walk, say, "I bring light, joy, luck, and love into every corner of my home and life." Visualize each room being filled with bright golden light, every corner bursting with hope and joy. When you have done, return to the room most often used and leave the candle and incense to burn out naturally. Take time to enjoy the new feeling of happiness filling your home.
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
- Quarter of a chicken
- 2 Pints water/vegetable stock
- 1 Large leek
- 1 Onion
- Half a cup rice
Monday, December 18, 2006
to bring about a prosperous day.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
To find it, light a white candle and sit facing south. Take a dictionary; close your eyes and turn the book around several times so that you are unaware of which way it is facing.
Eyes closed, fan the pages until you feel compelled to stop at a certain page.
Eyes still closed, wander about the page using your forefinger until you feel inclined to pause. Open your eyes, look at the word under your finger. If there is more than one word, pick the first that jumps out at you from the page. This is your magic word.
You can remind yourself of your magic word mentally or verbally whenever you wish to tune in to a situation, or whenever you feel you need a boost of energy. It will change the vibration around you and attract good influences.
It is better not to talk about your word too much - if at all. The more you verbalize about it, the less power it will have. Too much talking about something, particularly something sacred and magical, tends to dilute the energy. This does not mean that your word must be a "secret". It does mean that it is important to keep your "magic word" to yourself, and for sure do not share it with anyone who would make light of it, or belittle you in any way.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Light a green candle. Let it burn for five minutes, then blow it out. Rub your hands in the smoke and imagine money coming to you.
Monday, December 11, 2006
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Thank you to the Father
Thank you to the Living Spirit
within all things.
Here is the Lord's Prayer in the Gypsy Dialect of Transylvania:
Miro gulo Devel, savo hal oté ando Cheros,
te avel swuntunos tiro nav;
te avel catari tiro tem;
te keren saro so cames oppo puv,
sar ando Cheros.
Dé man sekhonus miro diveskoe manro,
ta ierta mangue saro so na he plaskerava tuke,
sar me ierstavava wafo manuschengue saro so na plaskerelen mangue.
Ma muk te petrow ando chungalo camoben;
tama lel man abri saro doschdar.
Weika tiro sin o tem,
tiri yi potea,
tiri yi proslava akana ta sekovar.
And here is the English Translation:
My sweet God,
who art there in Heaven,
may thy name come hallowed;
may thy kingdom come hither;
may they do all that thou wishest upon earth,
as in Heaven.
Give me to-day my daily bread,
and forgive me all that I cannot pay thee,
as I shall forgive other men all that they do not pay me.
Do not let me fall into evil desire;
but take me out from all wickedness.
For thine is the kingdom,
thine the power,
thine the glory now and ever.
May God help us!
May no misfortune happen to me in the road,
and may no one steal anything from me.
And in Transylvanian Gypsy it is:
Te vas del o Del amengue;
te n'avel man pascotia ando drom,
te na hoden pen mandar.
Go with God!
Stay with God!
Go, for God's sake!
Stay, for God's sake!
Or as a Transylvanian Gypsy would say:
Monday, December 04, 2006
- Anelka, Anuaka, Armanka, Anselina, Athalia,
- Babina, Bayana, Belka, Bena, Bica, Bilya, Bina, Binuca, Birka, Bizuca, Bota, Botana, Boyala, Bresa, Briya, Buna, Burgulya, Britannia
- Cini, Cora, Cura, Camba, Cernyavka, Cilyana, Cilyanka, Cinderella, Clementina
- Dana, Danira, Darka, Dena, Diamanta, Diduka, Dika, Dilinka, Dina, Domka, Donya, Draga, Duda, Dudarka, Dulca, Dundya, Dyana, Dyolbana, Dyombala, Dyula, Dotia
- Feastra, Fairnette, Freedom
- Gana, Gafa, Gafica, Gaftona, Grinza, Guda, Gentilia
- Kali, Kapica, Kata, Katarina, Kati, Keza, Kica, Kokana, Kolombina, Krizma, Krizmarica, Kruca, Kumbriya, Kuna
- Lina, Loli, Loyzi, Loza, Luga, Lukreciya, Lula, Luludi, Luna, Lutka, Luska, Luza, Lyalya, Lyanka, Lyuka,
- Madoka, Mala, Malaska, Malika, Malyoxa, Mandica, Manevra, Mara, Marca, Mardyola, Marga, Margayka, Margoska, Maruca, Marulya, Matora, Matryona, Matuska, Mileva, Mina, Miyula, Mica, Morana, Mugulya, Murzatka, Muyara, Mentanya, Meriya, Mizelli
- Papin, Papina, Papus, Paralya, Parastiva, Patrina, Pavia, Pavlena, Persi, Pika, Pitoc, Piyada, Pucuranka, Puna, Pupi, Putya, Peperuga, Persuda, Pevuna, Phabay,
- Rayka, Roseriya, Rufa, Rupinka, Rupla, Ruza, Reservoir
- Sabina, Saveta, Sima, Sofa, Solomiya, Sonya, Staya, Stura, Senuca, Sana, Seryadya, Seyica, Sinfai
- Taliya, Terenka, Tereza, Terka, Teza, Tinka,
- Vandya, Vena, Vota, Volya, Volyana, Voronka, Voronsana, Vorza, Vorzana, Vorzank, Vancy
- Xilya, Xilyka,
- Yana, Yeva, Yela, Yelena, Yordana, Yoza, Yula, Yulyca,
- Zaga, Zamba, Zambila, Zamfira, Zana, Zanda, Zizya, Zofinya, Zolfina, Zorpina, Zuzana, Zuzi, Zuzulya, Zofi, Zoska, Zuza
- Brishen Baul, Bavol, Bersh, Beval, Bidshika,Brishen
- Camlo, Chik, Cam, Chaine, Chal, Chavula
- Danior, Dukker, Durriken, Durril, Dangerfield
- Garridan Gillie, Guibran, Goliath, Gilderoy
- Jal, Javert, Jibben, Jivin
- Lel, Lennor, Lendar, Lensar, Liberty
- Mander, Merripen, Mestipen, Major
- Nehemiah, Noah, Nelson, Neptune
- Pal, Pattin, Pias, Pov
- Stiggur, Sampson, Shadrack, Silvanus
- Tas, Tobar, Tobbar, Tawno, Tem, Terkari
- Wen, Wesh
Sunday, December 03, 2006
I'm sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Gypsy Magick and Lore (hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com) and can be found in it's entirety here: To Remove Misfortune
Saturday, December 02, 2006
If you have a piece of quartz, first wash it in warm soapy water and rinse it with running water. Then hold the crystal in both hands. Close your eyes and imagine being bathed in white light. Visualize the area of your illness and point the crystal to that site. Imagine a stream of light flowing from the crystal and bathing the area in its pure rays.
Place your crystal under your pillow while you sleep.
You can also wrap your crystal with wire and wear it on a ribbon or chain and keep it close to your heart.
If you are interested in learning how to wire wrap crystals, instructions can be found at Witch Way, unfortunately they don't have any pictures posted. A really cool tutorial with pictures can be foud at Tower Crystals. Their tools and supplies look a little intimidating, but looking at their pictures and then reading the Witch Way tutorial might give you enough information to get the job done. Or, you can purchase a kit complete with a quartz crystal at Arkansas Crystal Works. And I also found an online class in wire wrapping at the Bead Man.
The Good Spell Book by Gillian Kemp
Friday, December 01, 2006
Collect leaves and twigs of the oak tree, including a small acorn if available, the petals and/or seeds of the sunflower, a piece of cinnamon stick, three cloves...
I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Gypsy Magick and Lore, hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com, and can be found in its entirety here: Make a Gypsy Mojo Bag