Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Remove Misfortune

According to the Romanies, extricating yourself or someone you care for from a streak of bad luck and misfortune is not difficult...


I'm sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Gypsy Magick and Lore (hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com) and can be found in it's entirety here: To Remove Misfortune





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

picture this, if you will: it midnight, but it is so bright, with the moon on the newfallen snow. two dark figures are carrying implements of witchcraft and excavation across the smooth snow to a soft spot of earth beneath a giant oak tree. the light of the church falls falsely onto quickly made rabbit tracks. in singsong, the Lord's prayer is lovingly recited in different ways. all the bad luck and misfortune is buried beneath the mother, in the eyes of the father. two lucky figures walk away from the sealed earth, finding beautiful gifts from the oak tree in their footsteps. so it has been, so it is, and so it shall be.

Anonymous said...

Ok so, I talked my little sister into doing this with me - and it was a blast. There is a little church right down the road from me, and I noticed that in front of the church was a little embankment that faced south. It had a couple of trees there and so the snow had melted, and there was a little patch of bare earth.

We went out there at - I think it was around 10pm. I figured if anyone drove by I was just going to wave at them, and if anyone stopped I was going to say something odd. Like.. Isn't the weather grand? or.. How are you today? or.. I don't know.. something totally irrelevant.

But no one drove by, and no one stopped.

The ground was not frozen - as I had hoped - and the digging was easy.

I read the Lord's Prayer (the english translation) and then after covering up the hole, I "hid the evidence" by covering up the disturbed earth with snow from the parking lot.

It felt so natural.. and so real.. and so good. When we were getting back into the car, I realized that I had discovered something true and real about myself - in my heart I am a Gypsy Witch.

My sister didn't participate, she just went with me because I didn't want to go alone. Which was really nice of her.

Anyway.. afterwords we went out to dinner and drinks (her reward for tagging along).

I had several "Black Voodoo Rita's" to drink which was almost as much fun as the digging under the moon. And luckily I didn't have to do the driving later.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin