Magickal attributes: The sea, music, long life, family, friends, trust. Developing psychic and telepathic abilities. Using sound and music to balance and heal. Learning new magick. Working with Elemental magick.
Symbolism: The whale is an ancient symbol for creation - be it of the body or our world..This large aquatic mammal has variously represented the earth, the physical body of a man, and the final resting place of all humans, the grave. In the mythology of some cultures, the whale replaces the more common image of the turtle as the creature that supports the Earth Mother in space.
As a totem and guide: Using the whale as a totem guide will encourage you to pursue your spiritual development, and at the same time, to maintain a good balance between your family life and your responsibilities in the workplace.
- Whale is about precision, intellect, and spirituality.
- Magical influences are telepathic communication, ability to resolve personal emotional blockages, summons the aid of undines and mermaids, deep mysteries revealed.
- Imitating the spouting breath of whales can aid in freeing your own creative energies.
- The whale can help teach you how to insulate yourself and use your own creative energies more conservatively.
- Whale has tremendous power and strength and yet is gentle and considered nonaggressive. You can access the inner strength within yourself and still be gentle and loving.
- Toothed whales have demonstrated great reasoning capabilities and even creative thinking at times. They can stimulate this in those with them as a totem.
- The Norse believed that whales had magick powers and were often the vehicles of witches.
- The whale can be a sign of perception and intuition...use your intuition to tune in to the situations in your life.
- The beautiful sounds are sung by the males, and each breeding season brings with it corresponding song changes. This reflects the ability of the whale to teach us how to create through sound and song, adjusting it to the time and place and individual. By drawing upon your own creative instincts, you can sing forth your own song.
- Whales sensitivity to sound links the whale to the primal creative sounds of life. Sound is the creative force of life. Directing it and responding to its feedback is part of what the whale teaches. This can be used to tap hidden levels of your own mind or even to accelerate the manifestation of goals.
- Whales at one time were also symbols of containment, concealment, and even resurrection.
- When we learn to go deep within ourselves, the creativity that we awaken can resurrect our lives - if we bring it out and apply it.
- Whale people are very creative, but they have to come out of those creative waters. They must stay in contact with the real world.
- Creativity for the sake of creativity is not what whale teaches. It awakens great depths of creative inspiration, but so it can add color and light to your outer life to make it more wondrous.
- Are you becoming lost in your own creative imagination?
- Are you not taking it and using it in your outer life?
- Are you keeping everything inside and afraid to let it out? If so, it is time to breach. Show the magnificence and power of your own creativity. Do not hold back.
- If whales are showing up in your life you should examine your use - or lack of use - of your own creativity. Are you mimicking what others have done?
- Are you building on your own creativity in new and dynamic ways?
- Are you applying your own creative intuition to old processes and life formulas? This and this alone is what imbues them with power and magic.
From: Animal-Speak and other sources