The Greeks had a celebration called the Diasia to ward off poverty each year on March 14th. In a time (and when isn't there such a time?) of economic uncertainty, it is up to each person to do what they can to keep his or her life in a positive, prosperous mode. Sometimes circumstances, for whatever reason, have landed us in financial straits. There are certain practical things we can do to improve the situation and eventually eliminate the lack in our lives.
The very first thing is to become financially responsible. I think we all know the basics:
- Check your monthly expenses; eliminate the non-essentials.
- If you have a bad habit of charging purchases only to find yourself struggling to meet the payments, stop immediately!
- Don't carry credit cards with you.
- If the situation has gotten really bad, see a credit counselor.
- Make a budget and stick to it.
From Moon Magick