Shells hold universal energies. They can be used for spell work in the same manner as crystals or herbs:
- Abalone: The abalone shell is often featured on an altar as a focal point. It can be used to hold smaller items, to burn things, or simply to add extra power to a spell.
- Clam: Clam shells are used for purification and love spells. They can be placed in charm bags.
- Conch: Conch shells work best in love spells.
- Coral: Coral works well in matters of health and healing.
- Cowries: Sacred to the Orisha Oya, the cowrie shell has a prestigious magical pedigree. Due to its vulva-like appearance, this shell is frequently used upon altars as a representation of the Goddess. Cowries work well in matters involving money and prosperity.
- Oysters: Oyster shells work best in matters pertaining to luck. They are said to promote good fortune. They make wonderful additions to charm bags.
From: The Elemental Witch