Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Feast of Our Lady Of Carmel

The Goddess has many forms. Today, July 16, is the feast day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, which is the title given to the Virgin Mary in her role as patroness of the Carmelite Order. The first Carmelites were Christian hermits living on Mount Carmel in the Holy Land during the late 12th and early to mid 13th centuries. They built a chapel in the midst of their hermitages which they dedicated to the  "Lady of the place."

Since the 15th century, popular devotion to Our Lady of Mount Carmel has centered on the Scapular (a brown ceremonial apron) of Our Lady of Mount Carmel also known as the Brown Scapular, a sacramental associated with promises of Mary's special aid for the salvation of the devoted wearer. Traditionally, Mary is said to have given the Scapular to an early Carmelite named Saint Simon Stock.

If this form of the Goddess appeals to you, or if you're feeling particularly desperate, you can light a candle and recite the following prayer to the "Lady." She is often invoked in prayers for healing:

Prayer to the Blessed Mother of Mount Carmel:

"Oh most beautiful flower of Mt. Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my necessity. Oh Star of the Sea, help me and show me you are my Mother. Oh Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succor me in necessity (make request). There are none that can withstand your power. Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee (say three times). Holy Mary, I place this prayer in your hands (say three times). Amen."

Source: Wikipedia

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

Fellow Travelers

Google+ Followers

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster