- Form dough from emmer wheat and potter's clay.
- Use it to create male and female figures.
- Place on on top of the other, however you're inspired.
- Place them near the afflicted man's head.
- Recite an incantation seven times, blessing Ishtar and requesting that the needed information be clearly revealed.
- Remove these figures and place them in the vicinity of a pig.
If the pig approaches the figures, this confirms that Ishtar is responsible for the ailment. A cure may be made through offerings and rituals of appeasement. If however the pig does not approach the figures, if they do not attract its attention, the man has been bewitched by a person. In order to undo the spell, he must find the charm and undo it or take other magical measures.