Corn aka maize, is the seed of seeds. Key words associated with corn magick are: Sacred Mother, Protection, Luck, Divination.
Corn represents fertility and is used to invoke Mother Earth. Used at Mabon and Lammas in ritual, it teaches the mystery of life, death, and rebirth. Many cultures gave corn, which is regarded as a food of prosperity, protection, and spirituality, a special god or goddess of its own.
- Eat yellow corn on the summer solstice for blessings and prosperity.
- Consume white corn for spiritual insight.
- Scatter blue corn meal to purify and bless a space.
- Hang red corn above doorways at harvest time to protect rewards that have been reaped.
- Corn on the cob represents the phallic gods and draws creative or sexual energy.
- Financial or love wishes that are shouted out as popcorn is popping will come true.
- Cornsilk is a very powerful ingredient when added to love spells; it is designed to attract the person you desire.