Chakras are concentrated points of energy. There are many chakras all over the body, but most healing systems focus on the seven major chakras that are placed at intervals in a line roughly corresponding to the spinal column.
Some cultures picture the chakra as a spinning wheel or sun, others as a flower, a lotus or rose, its petals unfolding as the chakra is activated. Each chakra has its own color and function as laid out below:
- Root of the Spine - Red - Vitality, sex drive, personal attraction, power.
- Spleen - Orange - Will power, intelligence, logic.
- Solar Plexus - Yellow - The most important chakra. Helps control and direct energy effectively.
- Heart - Green - Love, growth, wealth, generosity, nature.
- Throat - Electric blue - Psychic change and control, creativity, healing.
- Brow - Indigo - Telepathy, mediumship, psychic communication, intuition.
- Crown of the Head - Violet - Spiritual lessons, psychic power, complete understanding fulfilment.